The Gender Summit 11 North America 2017 is promising to go beyond sex-based differences with discussions on LGBTQ2 and Indigenous communities on the agenda.
Co-hosted by the Fonds de recherche du Québec and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Council of Canada, with the collaboration of Portia Ltd., the Gender Summit 11 North America 2017 will take place at the Centre Sheraton in Montréal. It will focus on the theme "Embracing Pluralism and Thriving through Diversity – Shaping Science and Innovation" and has the ambitious goal of exploring equity and diversity in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) research in the broadest sense.
The organizers are pleased to release the Program at a glance, which promises stimulating discussions on current themes such as:
- The benefits of pluralism
- The inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and two-spirited (LGBTQ2) communities in research and innovation
- Perspectives on gender equity, diversity, and inclusion in the STEM private sector
- Advancing research by and with indigenous peoples: a step toward reconciliation
- Pluralism and inclusion: perspectives and challenges in the digital era
- Shifting power: creating diverse and inclusive senior leadership teams and boards
We invite you to start contributing to the Gender Summit by sharing the Program at a glance in your networks.
Registration will open in May 2017.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.