The CIRMMT community is interested in interdisciplinary research related to the creation of music in the composer's or performer's mind, the performance of music, its recording and/or transmission, and the reception of music by the listener. It is also interested in the ways in which vision, haptics and touch interact with music and sound. CIRMMT seeks to develop innovative approaches to the scientific study of music media and technology, to promote the application of newer technologies in science and the creative arts, and to provide an advanced research training environment.
- Sound modelling, acoustics and signal processing
- Musical information retrieval, archiving and analysis
- Music perception and cognition
- Expanded musical practice
- Musical gestures, devices and motion capture
- Multimodal immersive systems
*The mission comes from the centre's website.